Germania is committed to the health and well-being of our policyholders, employees, agents, and business partners. In light of the unprecedented circumstances surrounding the coronavirus (COVID-19), I want to assure you that Germania is taking appropriate precautions to minimize risks while limiting interruptions to our business operations.
We are monitoring the situation through a variety of official sources, including the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), and local and state government agencies.
We are communicating with our employees, agents, business partners, and policyholders on ways to protect themselves and stay healthy as per the recommended guidelines set forth by the organizations mentioned above.
- As a precautionary measure, most employees are working from home to promote social distancing. We believe this course of action will help reduce exposure and spread of any illnesses.
- Workspaces, common areas, and frequently touched surfaces (door handles, stair rails, vending machines, etc.) are being sanitized more frequently.
- Our field claims adjusters have been asked to contact policyholders virtually and make personal visits only if necessary. While we continue to conduct business as usual, please understand our need to keep our field personnel safe and healthy.
Germania will continue to evaluate the situation and amend these policies when and if necessary.
Our policyholders are able to virtually interact with their agent for all insurance-related transactions. Please call or email your agent to discuss best methods of ensuring your insurance needs are being met.
Germania also provides a variety of virtual resources to service your insurance needs, including:
- Make payments by phone (1-844-975-0517) or online
- Report claims over the phone (877-437-6264) or online
- For auto claims, policyholders can use Germania’s auto adjuster mobile app found on the Apple and Android app stores. Insureds can use the app to submit photos of their vehicle damage and get an estimate without the need for a physical inspection by an adjuster.
For policyholders financially impacted by COVID-19, please call Germania’s Billing department at 800- 392-2202, ext. 4811 if you are unable to make a payment to Germania that is due on your account. Our customer service representatives can assist with temporary billing modifications. Please note, automatic bank-drafted payments will be drafted as usual unless you contact us to request otherwise.
We recognize this is a challenging time for all, and we remain committed to the safety of our policyholders, employees, agents, and communities. We look forward to shaking hands again with you soon.