Whether you are driving across town or across the country, it’s reassuring to know that Germania’s Roadside Assistance Coverage protects you when you are on the road. This coverage offers additional protection, should you ever need to use it.
This coverage is designed exclusively for Germania and is available to Germania auto policyholders for a nominal premium. By adding this optional coverage to your auto policy, we can help you achieve peace of mind while you are on the road. Call your agent today to have Roadside Assistance added to your policy.
When you add Roadside Assistance to your policy, we can respond quickly to provide you with the best service and protection available anywhere. Roadside Assistance includes travel and car care discounts too.
This optional coverage provides you Roadside Assistance. Policy limits include up to five services per 12-month policy period; with one tow per disablement.
- 24 Hour Emergency Towing Service:
Your vehicle may be towed to the destination of your choice. The first 50 miles are covered under your Roadside Assistance coverage and any mileage over the 50 mile limit will be paid by you at the time of service.
- 24 Hour Emergency Road Service:
You are covered for emergency road service throughout the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico.
- 24 Hour Emergency Delivery:
A service truck will deliver emergency supplies of gasoline, water, oil, or other necessary supplies. You only pay for the cost of the supplies.
- 24 Hour Emergency Battery Service:
We will jumpstart/boost your drained battery and perform minor adjustments to alternators, starters, etc. while on the road.
- Lockout Service:
If you are accidentally locked out of your vehicle, you will be covered for us to unlock your vehicles’ passenger compartment.
- Map Routing Service:
We will, at no charge, provide you with directions and travel route to the destination of your choice.
- Theft and Hit & Run Protection:
A $500 reward is offered for information leading to the arrest and conviction of anyone responsible for hit and run damages or stealing your vehicle.
Contact your agent today to add the “Roadside Assistance Coverage” to your policy.
Roadside Assistance Claims Form and Reimbursement
If you already secured a local roadside emergency service and are requesting reimbursement a Roadside Assistance Claim form must be completed. Submit the completed reimbursement form and invoice by mailing them to the address on the form.
The Roadside Assistance vendor has an agreed upon fee schedule with its partner providers. If you go outside of the procedure by contacting a service provider on your own, there is a chance the Roadside Assistance Coverage will not cover the invoice in its entirety. The maximum reimbursement if you go outside of the Roadside Assistance procedure is $50.
Germania Roadside Assistance FAQs
1. Who provides the towing and roadside assistance for Germania’s RSA coverage?
Germania has contracted with Nation Safe Drivers, LLC (NSD) to provide towing and roadside assistance to our policyholders. NSD has a nationwide network of 45,000 service providers that are available for dispatch to disabled vehicles.
2. What types of vehicles are covered by Roadside Assistance?
Roadside Assistance covers owned and non-owned private passenger autos, pickup trucks, SUVs, and vans used by the insured or family members. Motor homes, RVs and trailers are not covered.
3. How is Roadside Assistance coverage added to a policy?
Roadside Assistance is an optional coverage that must be selected at the time a new application is written or added by endorsement to a current Personal Auto Policy. The coverage requires an additional premium charge.
4. What does Roadside Assistance cover?
· Towing for a disable vehicle
· Minor on-site labor for mechanical or electrical breakdown
· Battery failure
· Insufficient supply of fuel, oil, water or other fluid
· Flat tire
· Lock out
· Entrapment in snow, mud, water or sand
· Map services
· Travel discounts
5. Will Germania automatically add Roadside Assistance coverage to all current Personal Auto Policies?
No. Your agent must add Roadside Assistance coverage to current Personal Auto policies by endorsement.
6. Is Roadside Assistance coverage added to each vehicle?
Roadside Assistance, when coverage is selected, is automatically added to all covered vehicles on your policy.
7. Are Other Than Collision and/or Collision required in order to add Roadside Assistance coverage?
8. How do policyholders access Roadside Assistance?
9. What is the Coverage Territory?
United States (including Hawaii & Alaska), Canada, and Puerto Rico. There is no coverage in Mexico.
10. Is there a limit to the number of times a policyholder can use Roadside Assistance coverage during the policy term?
Yes. Any additional services used must be paid out of pocket until your personal auto policy renews. The policy will not pay for more than 5 covered emergencies during the annual policy period.
11. Is there a limit to the distance a disabled vehicle can be towed?
Disabled vehicles can be towed up to a maximum of 50 miles from the location where the disabled vehicle is parked at no cost to the policyholder. If the vehicle is towed from the location and is more than 50 miles, then the policyholder must pay the additional cost at the time of service.
12. Does the policyholder have a choice to where the vehicle is towed?
Yes. The disabled vehicle will be towed to the policyholder’s location of choice.
13. Can a policyholder have both Roadside Assistance and Towing & Labor Costs Coverage?