Hurricane Season Starts June 1st.
Are you ready? Hurricane season starts June 1. If you are not ready, you still have time to prepare. While the National Weather Center is predicting a relatively quiet hurricane season this year, you still need to make a plan for you and your family.
When planning for your family you’ll need to consider:
- Building a hurricane supplies kit.
- Identifying the best evacuation route.
- Taking inventory of your personal belongs using Germania’s Home Inventory Checklist brochure. Keep the brochure is a safe, separate location.
- Packing medicines and key medical information.
- Bringing food and/or medication for your pets.
- Creating a Family Emergency Contact Plan. Should you evacuate know the best way to contact family should you need to.
- Purchasing a cell phone powerbank and keep it fully charged at all times.
- Programming phone numbers into your cell phone including emergency contact numbers.
By knowing this information you and your family will be better prepared should a storm impact your area. And, when you use Germania’s Home Inventory Checklist brochure, it could speed up the claims process. The checklist is a simple tool you may never need, and an invaluable one when catastrophe does strike.
To find out more information about hurricane preparedness click on the “Be Prepared”
Auto Insurance Protection - Go Beyond State Requirements
While you shouldn’t exceed roadway speed limits, there are some limits set by the state of Texas that you might consider going beyond. The minimum limits set by state insurance regulators for auto insurance coverage may not provide you with enough financial protection.
State law requires that those who drive in Texas must be able to pay for the damages they cause from an accident. The minimum liability limit insurance requirement for Texas drivers is 30/60/25. It is designed to pay up to $30,000 for each injured person, up to a total of $60,000 per accident for bodily injuries and up to $25,000 for property damage per accident.
If you are legally liable in an auto accident, ...read more
Home Inventory Checklist
As hurricane season quickly approaches, it’s time to ask yourself if you and your family are prepared. If you’re not ready, you still have time to make a plan.
Should a hurricane cause damage to your property and its contents, will you be able to identify everything you own and list its value? Knowing this information, and having it documented, could speed the claims process and could get you back on your feet faster.
Germania’s Home Inventory Checklist brochure is the easiest way to inventory and track the value of your possessions. Download a copy today and take the time to document your belongings before hurricane season begins.
The checklist is a simple tool you may never need, and an invaluable one when a catastrophe does strike.
Be prepared. It could happen to you.