CLAIMS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Insurance rates don’t always increase after an insurance claim. However, every situation is different. If you have any concerns, please contact your local agent.
You can report a claim 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by choosing one of the following:
- Report a Claim Online
- Call us at 877-GERMANIA (877-437-6264)
- After you have reported a claim, a Germania adjuster will review it
- The adjuster will contact you for additional information
- The adjuster may schedule time to inspect the damages
- Once the estimate has been approved the repairs can be scheduled
AUTO CLAIMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- Relocate your vehicle to the closest safe location
- Contact the police to determine if an officer should be present
- If anyone is hurt, call 911
- Take photos of each damaged vehicle or item
- Names, phone numbers, addresses and e-mail addresses of all involved parties, occupants, and witnesses
- Insurance company name, policy number and phone number
- Police report number, officer name, badge number and phone number
Yes. We offer Germania Premier Service facilities near you to handle your repairs quickly and efficiently. The repairs are guaranteed for as long as you own the vehicle. Find an Auto Repair Shop near you.
Typically, the turnaround time is 24 to 48 business hours.
You pay your deductible to the repair facility directly.
The repair facility will need to submit documentation to the adjuster for any additional damage found.
- If your vehicle is not drivable, contact the Claims Department at 877-GERMANIA (877-437-6264) to determine if your coverage includes a rental car.
- If the vehicle is drivable, the rental will be authorized upon the agreed repair start date.
PROPERTY CLAIMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
- For any claim, resolve the immediate issue (if possible) to protect your property and prevent further damage.
- If there’s a water leak, please shut off the water
- In the event of a theft, fire or vandalism claim call 911 and report it to the proper authorities
You can report your claim online or call 877-GERMANIA (877-437-6264)
- Policy number
- Date of the loss
- Address of the loss location
- A brief description of the loss
- Your current contact information
Our claims adjuster will contact you to set a date and time to complete an inspection. However, during catastrophic events, it might take longer for an inspection to be scheduled.
We are truly proud of our response time. Our claims adjusters are equipped with laptop computers and in most cases we are able to issue a check the day the claims adjuster reviews your loss.
Our policy provides additional living expense coverage. These costs can include food, temp housing and animal boarding that is above normal living expenses. You will need to keep copies of all your receipts and invoices to support these additional costs. Please check your policy or ask your claims adjuster for more details.
Ask your adjuster before discarding any damaged items.
Your mortgagee has a financial interest in the property, so they will be included as a payee on your check. It would be a good idea to contact your mortgagee, inform them of the claim and ask what their procedures are.
Yes, you will need to hire your own contractor to complete the necessary repairs. Our claims adjuster will make an inspection, complete an estimate and payment will be issued to you.
Your contractor will need to submit documentation to the claims adjuster for review. He may need to conduct a re-inspection.